Make your data visible with Xovis technology
We’ve all experienced the following situation; you're in a meeting presenting a report and someone drops the famous sentence "I think the data is wrong." If the situation cannot be reproduced or demonstrated, it is often difficult to ever prove it or just wastes precious time to get the facts straight.
Is man too suspicious by nature? Does such inconsistency burden the relationship with the person who described the situation?
There are different theories in science such as e.g. neurobiology about why we decide, how we decide, or why we believe what we believe. What we believe is also strongly influenced by the measure of our own spirituality. However, we can probably all agree that we quickly create trust in what we can see. This is what we make use of for the measurement and analysis of passenger flow data.
A queuing situation like at many airports around the world.
Let us explain how we at Xovis can master to deliver credible and comprehensible data by making the data visible and why each customer or user can ensure situational awareness towards his stakeholders. To be more precise, the question often arises as to whether any data collected via an IoT system even reflects the required KPIs. This in turn poses the following challenges:
- How to ensure that stakeholders trust the data and KPIs are accurately documented and visualized?
- How to monitor and verify traffic in real time?
- How to reach out to field staff in real time?
- How to improve processes based on historical data analysis?
Example of API integration of waiting-time into a mobile application at Zurich Airport (ZRH).
Dubai Airport (DXB) operations room monitoring several sites with Xovis PTS.
In addition to the data, accurate passenger flow and queue measurement solutions must facilitate airport management with real-time live views. Here is how Xovis answers the above-mentioned challenges:
- Xovis provides high quality real-time traffic monitoring to generate the required KPIs. Every passenger moving through the specific touchpoint can be visualized whereby the highest data protection measures are ensured.
- The Xovis web dashboards can be viewed on any mobile device. With the use of tablet computers, field staff such as airport guides know at a glance when and where high traffic situations occur, giving them the opportunity to guide passengers elsewhere with available space or less wait time.
- Finally, it's crucial to have the ability to replay your operations. Xovis’ dashboard allows all content to be replayed indefinitely. Jumping back to an event is easy and extremely useful for analysis or presentation of an incident. Challenges can be quickly identified and discussed in an objective manner. Your business analyst will thank you later.
Ultimately, we are building on culturally influenced values in Switzerland; build your product as accurately and reliably as possible, as is shown in the famous Swiss watch industry, but only trust the time when you can verify it yourself by the sun being in the right position.