Unpredictable wait times at security checkpoints can have a significant negative impact on a wide range of stakeholders, including passengers, airport operators, government authorities, retailers, and airlines. A vital process in the passenger journey, security checkpoints present airport operators interested in streamlining processes with a unique set of challenges.
- Manual counting at security checkpoints is inefficient and ineffective for operators interested in
- Speeding up security controls without disrupting the process
- Evaluating performance of individual lanes and the entire security area
- Encouraging collaboration among different stakeholders
- Managing passenger stress levels by keeping them informed of wait times
Operators need an automated data capture system that can provide real-time and historical insights to improve performance, without offending data privacy rules.
The best option is a precise, resilient system that can handle a wide range of applications. An automated tool can help operators:
- Determine queue length and wait times per security lane
- Measure process time, including subprocesses such as bag inspection
- Identify overflow into other areas such as check-in
- Improve passenger satisfaction by keeping them informed of wait times
An analytics protocol covering the entire security area directly benefits passengers, , but delivers immense value to airport operators. Some of the most important benefits that can be realized with a robust solution include:
- Transparent communication with stakeholders and service providers
- Optimized staff and security lane planning based on accurate historic data
- Improved load-balancing by communicating predictive wait time and lane alternatives
- Enforcement of Service Level Agreements based on accurate wait time data
- Increased leisure time and airside spend opportunities for passengers
Accurately manage passenger flow
Xovis sensors accurately count passengers and monitor queues in real time, providing invaluable data to optimise passenger flow. Visualise their journey, communicate accurate security wait times and improve overall terminal operations.