People moving in groups often show different shopping behavior than individuals. They do their shopping together and often one person pays for the group. Consequently, for business owners it’s essential to understand the relation between the number of buying units that enter their facility and actual sales figures.
- So far collected data included all people counts, but no information about the aggregated number of groups (>1 person) was captured
- Unfiltered data fed into an analytics tool leads to obscure results and the conclusions drawn are based mostly on assumptions rather than facts
- Activities are planned by guesswork, using additional expensive systems or inaccurate manual identification of groups
The Xovis all-in-one solution
Xovis sensors spot people moving about in groups. Benefit from all existing functions and the new Group Counting function.
- Sensors count all people, recognize whether people move about together and thus clearly identify groups
- AI firmware has been trained to visually distinguish if people walk together and form a group. People moving together, near each other, at the same speed and in the same direction are summarized as a group, as are people moving on their own.
- Groups are visualized live in the WebUI for easy verification.
- Data provides the total number of buying units – consisting of people moving on their own + groups of more than one person
- No additional system or device required. AI-powered Xovis sensors, running an AI-based people counting algorithm, provide an embedded solution. Everything is computed on the sensor, with no need for external processing power
Xovis Group Counting visualization in the Web UI
An AI-enabled sensor running firmware version 4.2.0 (and later versions) is required for the built-in Group Counting function. The AI firmware runs on the following sensor models:
|AI-powered by default||AI-powered by free firmware upgrade|
Use the built-in Group Counting feature according to the PC-Series User Manual.
- Group count lines – forward and backward counts consisting of the number of single moving people (=1) + number of groups (>1 person)
- Regular count lines – can be configured independently
- WebUI visualization depending on privacy level
- Very low mounting heights (height table) offer a narrow angle of view and thus too little space for group summarization
- An unusually large number of counting items in crowded settings may result in signs of lower performance
- Xovis SPIDER processing unit recommended for larger Multisensor setups (>9 devices) and for all settings more complex than a wide Multisensor counting line
yes = supported
non-recommended = not recommended by Xovis, verify individually
no = not supported / ineffectice
|PC2S-UL / PC2R-UL||PC2S-L / PC2S-L||PC2S Standard / PC2R Standard|
|2.2 m / 7'3"||no||no||no|
|2.3 m / 7'7"||yes||non-recommended||non-recommended|
|2.4 m / 7'11"||yes||yes||yes|
|2.5 m / 8'2"||yes||yes||yes|
|2.75 m / 9'0"||yes||yes||yes|
|3.0 m / 9'10"||yes||yes||yes|
|3.25 m / 10'8"||yes||yes||yes|
|3.5 m / 11'6"||yes||yes||yes|
|3.75 m / 12'4"||no||yes||yes|
|4.0 m / 13'1"||no||yes||yes|
|4.5 m / 14'9"||no||yes||yes|
|5.0 m / 16'5"||no||yes||yes|
|5.5 m / 18'1"||no||yes||yes|
|6.0 m / 19'8"||no||yes||yes|