Airport operators are interested in keeping areas within the terminal operating smoothly to avoid disruptive clustering at curbside drop-offs and taxi ranks. Responding quickly to situations that risk disrupting passenger flows at terminal entryways is a task beyond the scope of manual observation.
Without a robust system to accurately capture passenger flow data, operators may face the following challenges:
- Queuing situations that disrupt operations within and surrounding terminals
- Negative passenger experiences because of traffic at airport entrances
- Heightened liability profile because of congested entry and exit ways
Real-time passenger flow data is essential for quickly responding to situations before they impact terminal performance. A Passenger Flow Management System (PFMS) can automatically alert staff of potential issues before they disrupt operations.
Operators can help floor managers optimize terminal performance by choosing a PFMS capable of transforming objective data about passenger flows into actionable insights. With accurate historical data and real-time alerting, terminal managers can:
- Allocate staff to prevent entryway queues that risk service levels
- Improve resource planning based on observable trends
- Produce reports about third-party service provider performance
Understanding passenger flows from curb to gate is critical for optimizing staff allocation and arranging spaces to ensure smooth operations.
A robust, scalable system that operators can link with a data capture protocol across terminal touchpoints can help operators:
- Prevent traffic congestion in areas surrounding the airport terminal
- Enrich the passenger experience from curb to gate
- Improve taxi rank and ridesharing flows
Accurately manage passenger flow
Xovis sensors accurately count passengers and monitor queues in real time, providing invaluable data to optimise passenger flow. Visualise their journey, communicate accurate security wait times and improve overall terminal operations.