Safety is the number one priority in all facets of the public transportation industry, from station to vehicle. Public Transportation Operators (PTOs) risk a damaged reputation and lost revenue when they do not effectively manage the safety profile of the assets under their control.
But many PTOs often struggle to find an effective and efficient solution that can adequately deliver real-time insights while also observing passengers’ privacy rights. Absent a robust solution, PTOs risk:
- Liability issues related to sub-par safety guidelines and processes
- Loss in ridership due to a perceived lack of safeguards
- Increased pressure from external stakeholders
Data-driven decision-making can help PTOs transform their safety protocols in a cost-efficient manner by highlighting problem areas.
A robust data capture solution capable of delivering a real-time view of passenger activity—both onboard vehicles and in stations—without offending privacy rules is essential for identifying and eliminating safety gaps. To achieve their security goals, PTOs need a solution that:
- Accurately captures real-time developments
- Can be connected to an alerting system
- Complies with evolving data privacy rules
A bird’s-eye view of real-time developments on vehicles and in associated logistics such as stations can help PTOs and PTAs:
- Improve reputation among external stakeholders
- Optimize spending associated with security personnel
- Improve the allocation of resources associated with passenger security
- Create reports about safety initiatives for internal and external stakeholders
Solutions for Transportation
Xovis sensors create real-time passenger counts and are easy to integrate into current counting systems, saving time, money and resources. Find out more.