Unstructured queuing areas are more than a nuisance for airports; they can be a significant drag on operational efficiency, cost management and revenue generation. Operators focused on improving the passenger experience need precise, real-time data to accurately identify queues as they emerge.
To meet Level of Service (LoS) goals, operators need a reliable data capture system that can:
- Collect accurate data about how many are in a queue
- Measure KPIs for individual queues
- Support efforts to maximize operational efficiency
- Provide valuable insights about overflows and bottlenecks
A Passenger Flow Management System (PFMS) operating with accurate, objective data can automatically detect line-formation situations in unstructured queuing areas. To effectively solve the queuing situations that put passenger satisfaction at risk, a PFMS must work with precise live data .
Converting captured data in clear KPIs keeps floor managers and relevant staff informed about:
- Queue lengths and waiting times
- Passenger outflow rates and throughput per desk
- Number of passengers processed
- KPIs that are easily accessible, either on an intuitive dashboard or as automated alerts based on customizable thresholds.
Accurately measuring waiting times in unstructured and structured areas allows operators to:
- Optimize queue management at unpredictable locations
- Quickly respond to situations based on real-time data
- Improve resource planning and desk allocation based on historical data
- Enhance passenger experience through better service
Predictive wait times displayed to passengers can also help improve passenger well-being and promote load-balancing.
Accurately manage passenger flow
Xovis sensors accurately count passengers and monitor queues in real time, providing invaluable data to optimise passenger flow. Visualise their journey, communicate accurate security wait times and improve overall terminal operations.