To say there are many moving parts in the passenger transportation industry would be an understatement. Each of those parts has a cost profile, one that Public Transportation Operators (PTOs) work to optimize.
The cost of moving data among different systems supporting public transit can be substantial. Operational costs associated with data transfers may be unnecessarily high when:
- A third party must convert or manage data transfers
- Additional components must be acquired to facilitate data transfers
- Data communication equipment requires regular maintenance
A data capture solution with integrated IP protocols, such ITxPT or VDV-301, can streamline functions of different systems. In addition to reducing the need for facilitating hardware and software, a robust system with interoperability features can help PTOs:
- Reduce time and costs associated with multiple onboard systems
- Improve transit network planning by standardizing passenger data
- Close service gaps associated with non-standardized data
A robust passenger flow management system capable of delivering insights based on accurate real-time, objective data is an indispensable tool for a fast-changing public transportation industry. A sophisticated solution equipped with the most common IP protocols is also essential for:
- Lowering data management costs
- Bolsters security of confidential data
- Reducing operational costs using optimized data transfer protocol
Solutions for Transportation
Xovis sensors create real-time passenger counts and are easy to integrate into current counting systems, saving time, money and resources. Find out more.