Staff Management Solutions
Improving conversion rates and expanding basket sizes depends mainly on ensuring customers get the attention they need. But determining the optimal visitor-to-staff ratio requires accurate data about the optimal length of customer interaction.
- To properly plan staff levels, retailers need to know:
- Interaction times with guests across different categories
- The in-store density profile at a given time
- If store layout supports or hinders optimal staff allocation
- The dynamics between customer and staff demographics
Staff management solutions must be able to track customers accurately along their shopping journeys. Store managers need real-time and historical KPIs to adjust staff allocation based on spontaneous opportunities and established trends.
- Market solutions can help retailers:
- Accurately distinguish between guests and non-guests, such as employees
- Deliver accurate data on interaction times at precise points of the customer journey
- Evaluate the impact of gender dynamics on conversion rates
- Plan staff scheduling based on historical in-store density trends
Retailers using a robust data capture system can get accurate measurements of staff interactions at the most important in-store touchpoints. Such solutions help to:
- Increase customer satisfaction through higher service levels
- Manage staffing costs and optimize employee allocation
- Run A/B testing on employee allocations based on customer demographics
- Improve sales by matching service levels to changing customer demands
Customer counting for retail
Determine customer patterns and characteristics, such as group and individual flow, gender and view directions. Communicate waiting times to floor staff. Analyze real-time occupancy data for safety and security and exclude staff from customer counts.